Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Momma Cat

We picked out this "grandma" name for my mom many years ago, when some other kid happened to call her that. I don't remember all the details of that story, but the name seemed to stick. I'm not sure if my mom wants to keep that name, now that she is, in fact, a grandmother--but until I hear otherwise, that's what I'm sticking with.

Anyway, my mom went back to Montana on Saturday. Reese and I hated to see her go--especially after she had been taking such good care of us all week! It was so wonderful to have her here for two whole weeks! She was a huge help in getting us settled into our new apartment. She and I ran errand for two days straight getting things for the apartment--groceries, area rugs, lamps, etc. Then we spent another two days finishing unpacking boxes and finding a place for everything. My mom hung all our pictures (I really struggle with that) and made everything look so put-together and homey!

My mom was even more of a help after we came home from the hospital! She slept in the baby's room and rocked her to sleep, changed her diaper before feedings--even gave her a bottle for one feeding each night so I could catch some more z's! She made us dinner every night and even left a batch of cookie dough in the fridge for after she was gone. What a star!

It was so much fun to have her with me for so long to hang with, play with all day long, play with Reese together (Reese LOVES her Momma Cat!) and ask questions about what to do with a brand new baby. The two weeks went by way too quickly and we can't wait to have Momma Cat back! Reese really misses her roommate--she did not want to transition into sleeping by herself in her own bed (we are still working on that).

Thank you so much, Mom, for everything. I couldn't have done it without you. We miss you like crazy and can't wait to see you soon!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like your mom is just holding a baby Taryn- I bet she LOVED being there to help you with everything and enjoying the perfect sweetness of a newborn- let alone her own first grandbaby.

Now, I want to see pics of your new place, especially since you apparently have all this new stuff and pics hung.

Lyns said...

Taryn! I just got on here to see how you were doing and see if you had your little musher yet! Oh my goodness! She is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! She's a teeny tiny Taryn and I love her! :) I seriously got teary eyed looking at these pics. She looks like such a little sweetheart and I LOVE the name Reese. What a doll. BTW, we can't decide what to call my mom yet as far as grandma goes, so we're waiting to see what Ava will call her. Right now we're rooting for Granny Annie. LOL! Congrats again on your little miss!

Lindsey from The R House said...

i am so in love with this baby girl. she already has such GREAT hair--just like both her mom and dad.

can't wait to hold her myself. i am waaaaaay jealous of you, momma cat.

blythe said...

I love the picture of your mom and baby Reese. I want to see pics of your new apartment too!

maeveinthecity said...

congrats you guys!! she is so darling, and we are dying over her awesome head of hair! we cant wait to see you all.