Monday, March 26, 2007

Car Trouble

When Michael and I were driving home late Saturday night, all of a sudden we heard (and felt) this rumbling and the car sort of started to shake. As he slowed down, initially, the shaking went away a little bit; but as he ever tried to accelerate, the shaking returned more violently and he could accelerate past a certain point. We were about halfway home and, although I probably would've pulled over and called somebody frantically for help, Michael decided we should just try to get home. We made it home safely (going 50 mph in the far-right lane of the highway) and popped the hood to see if we could tell what was wrong. We could see something under/behind the engine that was red-hot. AHHH! Michael wanted to let the glowing subside before we went inside, which took about 15 or 20 minutes.

My poor, little baby. She is too young to be experiencing such trauma! Luckily she is still under warranty, is all I can say! She is being towed away this afternoon...hopefully the fine people at Audi can diagnose her and fix her up so she is as good as new.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh no I wonder what the problem is! Ben's car would break down all the time last year, we have some great stories. she was a 1992 though so it made more sense! We sold her for $1000 before we moved to Nevada, hilarious.

Granum Family said...

Oh I hate car problems!!! I guess that's one benefit of living in the city and not having to deal with the stress of car breakdowns :)

Lauren said...

blew a gasket? lost a cylinder? I forget what you told me was the diagnosis.

I hope your little baby is finally back to normal. I miss that car.

oh, and you too. :)