Monday, April 02, 2007

Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom


The Cherry Blossom Festival started in DC on Saturday and the cherry blossoms came just in time! They are in full bloom, though for now they are mostly white blossoms and I think they are supposed to turn a pinkish/red color. The festival lasts two weeks, so there should be plenty of time for the blossoms to do their thing. Mike and I got up early on Saturday morning and took the metro downtown for a run around the Tidal Basin (I think because Mike knew he was suggesting something that would get in the way of my routine Saturday morning spin class, he was kind enough to allow me the alternate training time). Even though we got down there no later than 8am, the place was packed! People were everywhere...walking their dogs, walking their strollers, running (not too many runners, since it was too crowded, but a few)...we even saw one old lady who set up a table for a tea party, complete with table cloth and fine china! Old people can be so funny and cute! If any of you consider a trip to Washington, D.C. in the future, I would highly recommend that it be around this time of year!

3 comments:

Granum Family said...

Oh how fun! I love all of the activities that happen in big cities!

Heidi said...

I have always heard about the Cherry Blossoms in DC and would love to see them someday!!

Lauren said...

oh hooray for spring! :)