Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A San Francisco Treat


Last weekend, Lauren and I met my mom in San Francisco for the weekend; My mom
attended the annual National School Board Attorneys conference, and invited
us to come along to keep her company. We had a lot of fun, ate some very good food, got in some shopping and sight-seeing, and had a lot of laughs! The first night, we decided to go to a show, and bought tickets to “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf?”
starring Kathleen Turner. It was so bad that we left after an hour…couldn’t
bear the idea of staying another two hours. (It was my first time to walk out of a show or movie and, I must say, it was a little bit liberating!)



While we were in San Francisco, my roommate from BYU Heidi drove over from Reno to see us on Friday night. We went to Citizen Cupcake, a satellite bakery to Citizen Cupcake (as seen on the Food Network...c'mon, you all know that I wouldn't go on a trip without doing my research on where to eat while I'm there, right?!) and got some yummy cupcakes for dessert. The next morning, we went to H&M to scope out the new spring collection and then Heid headed back to Reno around noon to stay ahead of the weather. Heid ended up driving close to 8 hours to spend less than 24 hours in San Fran with us--what a doll! Here we are trying on pashminas in Nordstrom.


The other bonus of going to San Francisco was that I got to see Mike's old roommate from BYU and his girlfriend, who both live in the city. Scott and Michelle were so sweet to take us down to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square for the afternoon and show us around. Here we are with Scott and Michelle at the Boudin Bakery at Fisherman's Wharf. This was followed by delicious sundaes at Ghirardelli Square!


Such a fun weekend! Can't wait to find out where next year's conference will take us...right, Mom?

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow that Heidi must be really cool! ha ha j/k. Thanks so much for letting me come play. I love the Stimpson ladies ;-)

Lauren said...

"We'll just be twins, that's what we are anyway." I was reading your blog and it's like reading mine! I swear I didn't read yours before I posted. Loved seeing you in SF!

Granum Family said...

What a fun weekend! I love San Francisco!

mattnbeth said...

i agree with laur. so funny. but yes, it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! and im sure it was nice to get out of the crappy weather out here on the east coast! we still need to get together sometime soon!

blythe said...

Sounds like you girls had a fun time. Too bad about the show! Does your mom go to a conference every year?

Lindsey from The R House said...

how jealous was md that you got to see his scottie?

how jealous am i that you got to have a fun get-a-way with mom?

how jealous am i that you went to the biggest tiffany's (put your hand over your heart) i have ever seen?

how jealous am i that you guys are such freakin' BABES?

Kelly said...

That sounds so fun!! I really want to go to San Fran some time. Now I know who to go to when I want to find the best restaurants and food there!:)