Sunday, April 22, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...



We had some friends come to town for the Orioles games this past weekend. Anthony and his fiance Kristin drove down from Connecticut and Clint flew out from Provo to see the Orioles cream the Blue Jays on both Friday and Saturday nights! We got to the game a little bit early on Saturday night, and Mike and I got t-shirts to fit in with our hosts (I don't know if orange is really my color...oh, well).

When the weather finally gets warmer after a long winter, one of the things I get most excited for is baseball season! While growing up in San Diego, I was lucky enough to spend many a summer evening at Jack Murphy stadium (the name changed to Qualcomm, but I still called it "the Murf") watching the Padres play. When we first moved there, Gary Sheffield and Fred McGriff were part of the team--anyone remember that far back? Going to so many games each summer, I got pretty familiar with the Padres' roster and Mike still laughs when I recognize names from back in the day--for example, last season at an Orioles game, I recognized the shortstop Chris Gomez and said, "Oh, hey, Chris Gomez! I didn't know he played in Baltimore!" Mike looked at me, like, "How in the world do you know who that is?" Not one of the high-profile players, I suppose that is a valid question, but he played for the Padres while I lived there, so of course I remember him.

It was so fun to see Clint, Anthony and Kristin! Kristin and I gabbed about girly things and wedding plans, the boys all got ballpark foot-long hot dogs and sausages (and Mike even finished both!) and Kristin and I got ice cream after the seventh inning stretch. It doesn't get much better than that!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Who cares about the orange shirt, you r hair looks amazing! How fun to see the happy couple - tell Kristin to get a blog so we can see the ring!
Maybe when y'all are here this summer, we can get baseline seats at the BEES... a close second, right?

Heidi said...

I still remember when you decorated our freshman dorm room with a photo(s) of Padre's players.

PS- that is one sexy shirt!

mattnbeth said...

it sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend. i think the shirt is very cute :)

Jen Richards said...

Hi Taryn- glad you saw my blog and left me a note! So you and mike (who was a freshman with me at helaman halls!) are living in Virginia? Sounds like you are doing great. Tell your sis Lynsey 'hello' from me as well! Take care and keep in touch.